This document sets forth the principles, guidelines and requirements of the Acceptable Use Policy of East Coast Access (PTY) LTD (referred to in the policy as East Coast Access and its direct and indirect subsidiaries governing the use by the customer of the our services and products. The Acceptable Use Policy has been created to promote the integrity, security, reliability and privacy of our website management facility, network, and customer data contained within. East Coast Access (PTY) LTD retains the right to modify the Acceptable Use Policy at any time and any such modification shall be automatically effective to all customers when adopted by East Coast Access.
Questions or comments regarding the Acceptable Use Policy should be forwarded to the East Coast Access via:
Telephone: +27 31 566 8080
Fax: +27 86 743 2281
Compliance with Law
Customers are to use our services only for lawful purposes and activities. Any transmission, storage and distribution of any material or content using our network that violates any law or regulation of the Republic is strictly prohibited.
East Coast Access prohibits the following:
- The violation of any local and international laws and any activity on our network that threatens any individual in the Republic.
- The violation of all laws protecting local and international copyright, trademarks and trade secrets.
- The violation of an individual’s right to privacy as well as acquiring personal data of third parties without their consent.
- All fraudulent activity the violation of any exchange control laws.
- Any activity that results in the sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software.
- The failure to attend to the request of the recipient of unsolicited mail to be removed from any mailing or direct marketing list and continued activity of sending further mail post-request.
- Use of the service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including hosting, possessing, disseminating, distributing or transmitting material that is unlawful, including child pornography.
Prohibited Uses of Services and Products
East Coast Access prohibits the following threats to network security:
- Attempts to gain unlawful and unauthorised access to the network or circumvent any of the security measures established by East Coast Access or using the services and tools of East Coast Access to gain unlawful access to an external host, network or account.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Any attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to their personal content.
- Any activity which threatens to disrupt East Coast Access’s service offering or security offering.
- The unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on the network without East Coast Access’s consent.
- Any unsolicited mass mailing activity including direct marketing; spam and chain letters for commercial or other purposes, without the consent of the recipients of those mails.
- Furnishing false or incorrect data on the order form, contract or online application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers.
- Attempting to circumvent or alter the processes or procedures to measure time, bandwidth utilization, or other methods to document “use” of East Coast Access’s Services and Products.
- Sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of “junk mail” or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material, who were not previous customers of the customer or with whom the customer does not have an existing business relationship.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency or size of messages.
- Unauthorized use, or forging, of mail header information.
- Solicitations of mail for any other email address other than that of the poster’s account or service with the intent to harass or to collect replies.
- Creating or forwarding “chain letters” or other “pyramid schemes” of any type.
- Use of unsolicited email originating from within East Coast Access’s network or networks of other Internet Service Providers on behalf of, or to advertise, any service hosted by East Coast Access, or connected via East Coast Access’s network.
East Coast Access prohibits the any activity related to posting the same or similar messages to large numbers of Usenet newsgroup, chain letters or encoded binary files.
The customer is responsible for the following:
- Any misuse or misconduct of East Coast Access’s services.
- Replying to unsolicited mail and being placed on a bulk mailing list due to this.
- Authorising a minor with access to the network and the consequences of said minor in violating or breaching East Coast Access’s policy thereafter.
- Business dealings and activity with a third party on the Internet and the charges resulting from this as well as the related control and customs laws.
East Coast Access may immediately suspend and/or terminate the Customer’s service for violation of any provision of the Acceptable Use Policy upon verbal or written notice, which notice may be provided by voicemail or email. However, East Coast Access attempts to work with the Customer to cure violations of the Acceptable Use Policy and to ensure that there is no re-occurrence of violations prior to suspension and/or termination.